Tuesday 25 October 2022

QUESTION & ANSWER WITH GURUDEV


QUESTION & ANSWER WITH GURUDEV
POSTED ON: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2022

Q: Today the Sudarshan Kriya is such a technique that has changed the lives of millions around the world. How did you come to know or acquire it?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:

I used to teach meditation in my early years. But I often used to feel there is something still missing, and something more is needed to make the experience complete. I always used to feel as if something more is going to come up. So I took a vow of silence for 10 days in Shimoga, in Karnataka, near the Tungabhadra river. After that, a few people collected there to meet me and asked me to speak. So I spoke to them and taught them the Sudarshan Kriya, and I also learnt along with them as I taught them.

The Sudarshan Kriya came to me like an inspiration, just like how poetry happens so spontaneously. I never had to put in too much of my mind for this. It all came through deep intuition, like how we download things from the Internet these days. Our brain is a supercomputer. We can download so many things into our brain.

Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

 

No comments:

Post a Comment