Sunday 23 December 2012

Blunder into wonder!


Subscribe to My Guru Story

Recently I took up a job as Guruji asked me to do so. I got hired to do some development work for my expertise skills on business systems. The timescales were tight and the new solution had to fit in with the already live solution which was in place.

The prototype was created and approved on test environment. All went well and the decision was taken to launch the new solution for some key users on pilot basis. During this set up I deleted one code and as a consequence all the Forecasting data for the whole company was erased for the current financial year!  I was terrified when I discovered this biggest blunder in my professional life! This affected hundreds of managers.

I prayed to Guruji to resolve this in the best way without the management discovering this. I didn't know how the situation would be taken care of. Quite soon my colleague found out about my blunder, which turned out to be a blessing because she had backup and with her help we restored the Forecasting data, without management finding out about the blunder!

Guruji has unfathomable ways to help. I'm feeling so blessed to have Guruji in my life.

Jai Gurudev!
Anonymous (name withheld on request)


No comments:

Post a Comment